1. Nursing is one of the fastest growing professions in the United States
2. Nurses make up the majority of hospital staff and provide more care than any other staff member
3. Of all students in health professions, half of them are studying nursing
4. One out of every four nurses works part-time. This means lots of time to raise children, have a different job or do nothing at all!
5. There are more than 5.5 million nurses and nurses aides in the United States … five times the size of the US army!
6. The average starting wage for a certified Registered Nurse anesthetist is over $50,000
7. Nurses are needed more than ever. With the rise in the number of elderly people and the fall in the number of nurses, nurses have their pick of great jobs and great schools.
8. Around nine million children visit emergency rooms in the U.S. each year due to injuries. It’s a really good thing we have nurses, isn’t it?
9. There are four times as many nurses as doctors.
10. Nurses save lives.