Cynthia Claire Scalzi, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dr. Scalzi held faculty appointments in both the School of Nursing and the Wharton School of Business. She is also a Senior Fellow of the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics and a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing.
Dr. Scalzi was involved in the leadership development of Geriatric Nurse Practitioners, a major initiative of a grant from The John A. Hartford Foundation. Her research, with colleague Dr. Lois Evans, involved the identification of characteristics of exemplary nursing homes with an ultimate goal of relating the characteristics to improved outcomes (cost, quality of life for elders, and quality of work life for staff).
Dr. Scalzi had an active national and international consulting practice in the areas of graduate curriculum development in healthcare administration and the nursing career development programs for healthcare organizations. Her recent international academic consultations include Chiang Mai University and Khon Kaen University, both in Thailand, and Kobe University in Japan.
- Beverly, C., Maas, M., Young, H., Scalzi, C., Richards, K., and Kayser-Jones, J. (2006). Leadership development in the John A. Hartford Centers of Geriatric Nursing Excellence. Nursing Outlook, 54(4), 231-235.
- Sasichay, T., Scalzi, C., & Jawad, A. (2003). The relationship between job satisfaction of registered nurses and patient satisfaction with nursing care. Journal of Nursing Administration (JONA), 33(9), 478-485.
- Polsky, D. , Scalzi, C., Bundorf, K., Glick, H., & Kinosian, B. (2001). Is the nurse responsible for resource use in home care?. Journal of Clinical Outcomes Management, 8(12), 29-35.
- Scalzi, C., Zinn, J., Guilfoyle, M., Perdue, S. (1995). Growth and decline of Medicare _ covered home health services. LDI Center for Health Policy: Issue Brief, 2, .
- Scalzi, C., Zinn, J., Guilfoyle, M., & Perdue, S. (1994). Medicare-certified home health services: national and regional supply. American Journal of Public Health, 84, 1646-48.
- Scalzi, C. & Wilson, D. (1993). Analysis of job functions of top level nurse executives in acute, home and long term care: implications for education. Journal of Health Administration Education, 11, 57-65.
- Scalzi, C. & Wilson, D. (1991). Future preparation of home health nurse executives. Home Health Care Services Quarterly , 12, 13-21.
- Scalzi, C. (1990). Role stress in top level executives. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 12, 85-94.
- Scalzi, C. & Wilson, D. (1990). Empirically based recommendations for content of graduate nursing administration programs. Nursing & Health Care, 11, 522-525.
- Scalzi, C. & Anderson, R. (1989). Dual degree: Future preparation for nurse executives? . Journal of Nursing Administration (JONA), 19, 25-29.