Lusine Poghosyan, PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN
Assistant Professor of Nursing, Columbia University School of Nursing, New York City, NY
Dr. Lusine Poghosyan, PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN, is a nationally recognized health services researcher with expertise in studying primary care organizations, primary care workforce, teamwork, and quality of patient care, especially for chronic diseases. Dr. Poghosyan is a Principal Investigator on multiple federal and foundation funded grants including those funded by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, American Nurses Foundation, and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Dr. Poghosyan is a recipient of multiple awards including 2009 Research Scholar Award from Sigma Theta Tau International, Gamma Epsilon Chapter; 2010 American Nurses Foundation Scholar award; 2012 New Investigator Award from the AcademyHealth Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues (IRGNI), 2013 Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar award. She was inducted as a Fellow of American Academy of Nursing in 2014 and New York Academy of Medicine in 2015 for her leadership and contributions to the health care in the U.S. Dr. Poghosyan is the Chair of the Advisory Board for the AcademyHealth IRGNI.
- Fellow, Columbia Public Voices Fellowship, 2016
- Nurse Faculty Scholar, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), 2013-2016
- Fellow, New York Academy of Medicine, 2015
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing, 2014
- Boyd+, D. & Poghosyan, L* (2016). Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist working conditions and outcomes (in press).
- Poghosyan, L., Chaplin, W., & Shaffer, J. A. Validation and psychometric testing of Validation of Nurse Practitioner Primary Care Organizational Climate Questionnaire: A New Tool to Study Nurse Practitioner Practice Settings. Journal of Nursing Measurement (in press).
- Poghosyan, L., Norful+, A. & Martsolf, G. Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Practice Characteristics: Barriers and Opportunities for Interprofessional Teamwork. Journal of Ambulatory Care Management (in press).
- Poghosyan, L. & Liu, J. 2016, (March). Nurse Practitioner Autonomy and Relationships with Leadership Affect Teamwork in Primary Care Practices: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Journal of General Internal Medicine. (Ranked number 1 Journal in Primary Health Care)
- Nantsupawat+, A., Nantsupawat, R., Kulnaviktikul, W., Turale, S., & Poghosyan, L.* 2016. Nurse burnout, nurse reported quality of care, and patient outcomes in Thai hospitals. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 48(1):83-90
- Poghosyan, L. Boyd+, D & Clarke, S (2016). Optimizing Full Scope of Practice for Nurse Practitioners in Primary Care: A Proposed Conceptual Model. Nursing Outlook
- Poghosyan, L., J. Liu, J. Shang, and T. D’Aunno. (2016). Practice Environments and Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intentions of Nurse Practitioners: Implications for Primary Care Workforce Capacity. Health Care Management Review.
- Poghosyan, L., & Aiken, L. H. (2015). Maximizing nurse practitioners’ contributions to primary care through organizational changes. Journal of Ambulatory Care Management 38, 2.
- Poghosyan, L., Shang, J., Liu, J., Poghosyan, H., Liu, N., & Berkowitz, B. (2015). Nurse practitioners as primary care providers: Creating favorable practice environments in New York State and Massachusetts. Health Care Management Review, 40(1), 46–55.
- Shang, J., Ma, C., Poghosyan, L., Dowding, D., & Stone, P. (2014). The prevalence of infections and patient risk factors in home health care: A systematic review. American Journal of Infection Control, 42(5):479-84.