Jeannie P. Cimiotti, PhD, RN, FAAN
Associate Professor and Dorothy M. Smith Endowed Chair and Director, Florida Blue Center for Health Care Quality
Dr. Cimiotti’s research interests focus on the health care workforce and the quality of patient care. She is internationally known for the development and implementation of health care surveys, and managing large health care datasets. Dr. Cimiotti is a fellow in the American Academy of Nursing. She is an active member in Academy Health, where she chairs the Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues (IRGNI). Dr. Cimiotti sits on the editorial board of the American Journal of Infection Control.
- 2013 Distinguished Fellow. National Academies of Practice, Alexandria, VA.
- 2013 Fellow. American Academy of Nursing, Washington, DC.
- 2009 Distinguished Young Alumna. Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, NY
- 2013-ongoing AcademyHealth Interdisciplinary Research Group on Nursing Issues (IRGNI), Chair-Elect
- 2012-ongoing St Claire’s Careful Nursing News, Editorial Board
- Cimiotti, J. P., Barton S. J., Sloane, D. M., Gorman, K. C., & Aiken, L. H. (2014). Nurse reports of resource adequacy in hospitals that care for acutely ill children. Journal for Healthcare Quality. 36(2), 25-32.
- Budden, J., Zhong, E. H., Moulton, P., & Cimiotti, J. P. (2013). Highlights of the 2013 National Workforce Survey of Registered Nurses. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 4(2), 1-9.
- Neff, D.F., Cimiotti, J.P., Sloane, D.M., & Aiken, L.H. (2013). Utilization of non-US educated nurses in US hospitals: Implications for hospital mortality. International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 25(4), 366-72.
- Tubbs-Cooley, H. L., Cimiotti, J. P., Silber, J. H., Sloane, D. M., & Aiken, L. H. (2013). An observational study of nurse staffing ratios and hospital readmission among children admitted for common conditions. Quality and Safety in Health Care, 22(9), 735-42.
- Cimiotti, J.P. (in press). Guidelines for Handwashing. In In E. Ackley, B.A. Swan, G. Ladwig, & S. Tucker (Eds.) (Eds.), A Clinical Guide to Evidence-Based Nursing. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier.
McHugh, M.D., Kutney-Lee, A., Cimiotti, J.P., Sloane, D.M., Aiken, L.H. (2011). Nurses’ widespread job dissatisfaction, burnout, and frustration with health benefits signal problems for patient care. Health Affairs, 30, 202-210.
Cimiotti, J.P., Clarke, S.P., Aiken, L.H. (2011). Failure to Rescue. In Harriet R. Feldman et al (Eds.), In Nursing Leadership: A Concise Encyclopedia. (2nd Edition Ed.)(224-226). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Kendall-Gallagher, D., Aiken, L., Sloane, D., Cimiotti, J. (2011). Nurse specialty certification, inpatient mortality, and failure to rescue in the adult surgical population. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 43, 188-194.
- Cimiotti, J.P., Alexander, S., Holtzer, B. (2010). Partnering with other disciplines to help prevent and control infections. In V. Gaudette (Eds.), The Nurse’s Role in Infection Prevention and Control. (Case Study 3-1, C.H.O.P. Ed.)(80-84). Oak Brook, IL: Joint Commission Resources.
- Cimiotti, J., Aiken, L.H. (2010). Nurse Burnout. Nursing Care Management, xx, xx.
- Aiken, L., Sloane, D., Cimiotti, J., Clarke, S., Flynn, L., Spetz, J., Seago, J., Smith, H. (2010). Implications of California nurse staffing mandate for other states. Health Services Research, 45, 904-921.
Kutney-Lee, A., McHugh, M.D., Sloane, D.M., Cimiotti, J.P., Flynn, L., Neff, D.F., & Aiken, L.H. (2009). Nursing: A key to patient satisfaction. Health Affairs, 28(4), w669-w677.
- Cimiotti J.P (2008). Guideline 88 - Infection Control: Hand Hygiene. In Ackley, E., Swan, B.A., Ludwig, G., Tucker, S. (Eds.), Evidence-Based Nursing Care Guidelines medical Surgical Interventions. (468-472). Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier.
- Cimiotti J.P., Aiken L.H., & Poghosyan L (2008). Burnout syndrome in registered nurses. In Halbesleben, J (Eds.), Handbook of Stress and Burnout in Health Care. (51-63). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.