Three Attend Pan American Nursing Research Colloquium
The University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing was well represented. Dean Antonia Villarruel, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean Emerita Afaf Meleis, PhD, DrPS (hon), FAAN, and Eileen Lake, PhD, MSN, MA, BSN, FAAN, Associate Professor attended, made presentations, and participated in various panel discussions.
The goals of the colloquium – first held in 1988 – include:
- Spreading the results of nursing research and its contributions to health care;
- Advancing the collective knowledge related to supporting universal health care;
- Contributing to the development of nursing research in health care systems, health services and education strategies;
- Promoting evidence-based practice of nurses in the world; and
- Identifying priorities in nursing research and promoting collaborative networks.
The biennial, scientific event, which ran from October 3rd through October 7th, was organized by Mexico’s National School of Nursing & Obstetrics and supported by the Pan American Health Organization, the Mexican Health Department, the Latino American Association of Nursing Schools, the Mexican Federation of Nursing Schools and Associations, and Sigma Theta Tau.