Visiting the Center
The Bates Center is open to visitors by appointment Monday-Friday, 10:00-4:00 p.m.
HOURS AND LOCATION
The Bates Center and Ellen D. Baer Reading Room are open to researchers by appointment only Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (closed from 1:00 - 2:00 PM daily).
- The Center is closed for official University holidays.
- No bags, food, or drinks are permitted in the Ellen D. Baer Reading Room.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- To tour the reading room or Center, please schedule an appointment prior to your visit.
- The Center is located in Suite 2U, Claire M. Fagin Hall, 418 Curie Boulevard. Directions to the Center. The main entrance to the School is located on Guardian Drive.
The building is handicap accessible.
SCHEDULING A VISIT
- Researchers must make an appointment prior to visiting the Center by emailing email@example.com. Walk-in researchers cannot be accommodated.
Before visiting the Center researchers should consult the Online finding aids to the Center’s collections and provide staff with a full listing of requesting research materials, including collection name, box number, folder number and series (if applicable).
- If you have never used our archives, you will need to review the Reading Room Rules on the researcher application. All researchers must fill out and sign an application prior to their visit. A valid form of photo identification must accompany the signed application in order to access the archives for the first time in a calendar year.
- Members of our archival staff are available to conduct research as a fee-based service on a case by case basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Center reserves the right to review all archive requests for restricted access, box counts, and scheduling availability.
Barbara Bates Center for the Study of the History of Nursing
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
Claire M. Fagin Hall
418 Curie Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217