Skip to main content

Faculty & Staff Resources

We support faculty and staff working in all areas of global health with resources and funding assistance. 

Travel health and safety

We recommend using the CIA World Factbook to get acquainted with where you’ll be working, and to check out relevant risks using Penn’s international travel safety guidance and the CDC’s info on traveler’s health.

If you are leaving the country for work or study, you must register with the University’s Global Activities Registry (GAR). Once registered with GAR, you’ll have no-fee insurance for travel related to academics, research, or business through Penn’s International SOS.

Funding opportunities

Search the USAID database for international research and work funding sources.

The NIH Fogarty International Center also has funds available to help those conducting global health research. 


Our Global Health Library includes books, films, and journals for checkout, located in the Global Health Affairs Office, room 454.

Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact the Global Health Affairs Office at 215-573-3050, or