The Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provides advanced training in outcomes research to nurses who have received a doctoral degree from an accredited university in nursing or a field relevant to nursing outcomes research and would like the opportunity to further develop their research career in the area of health outcomes.
Fellows receive mentoring in the following key areas:
- Grant Development
- Project Management
- Manuscript Preparation
Fellows also benefit from the program because each gains:
- access to a broad range of datasets spanning 15 years of research;
- stipends for coursework in advanced methodology and statistics;
- mentoring to develop lines of independent scholarship and to plan a career trajectory in research;
- links to interdisciplinary researchers and research centers across the School of Nursing and the University of Pennsylvania; and
- funded travel opportunities to scientific conferences.
- PhD (or equivalent) and interest in developing a research career with a focus on nursing outcomes research.
- Completion of graduate level course work in advanced quantitative methods.
- Written recommendations from at least three individuals who can speak to the applicant’s research potential, one of whom is a representative of the applicant’s dissertation committee.
- Review of the applicant’s scholarly written work, including dissertation and publications.
- Written statement of goals including justification of the fit within the conceptual area of nursing outcomes research.
Interested candidates should submit the below listed documents by email to:
Irene D. Hung
375 Claire M. Fagin Hall
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4217
1) The cover letter should include:
(a) a review of the candidate’s research training and publications;
(b) names of three references familar with the applicant’s potential to become an an independent researcher; and
2) the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae