CHOPR Postdoctoral Fellowships
Postdoctoral Fellows at the Center gain experiences in grant development, project management, and manuscript preparation through collaborative work on cutting-edge national and international research projects, access to a broad range of datasets spanning a decade of research by the Center, stipends for coursework in advanced methodology and statistics, mentoring to develop lines of independent scholarship and to plan a career trajectory in research, links to interdisciplinary researchers and research centers across the School of Nursing and the University of Pennsylvania, and funded travel opportunities to scientific conferences.
Graduates of the post doctoral training program have been successful obtaining positions in research intensive environments, publishing in major journals, and obtaining grant support for their research. Visit the "MEET OUR ALUMNI" webpage to read about former CHOPR Fellows and what they are doing now.
LINK TO SAMPLE TRAINING PLAN
- PhD (or equivalent) and interest in developing a research career with a focus on nursing outcomes research.
- Completion of graduate level course work in advanced quantitative methods.
- Written recommendations from at least three individuals who can speak to the applicant's research potential, one of whom is a representative of the applicant's dissertation committee.
- Review of the applicant's scholarly written work, including dissertation and publications.
- Written statement of goals including justification of the fit within the conceptual area of nursing outcomes research.
- Personal interview.
Criteria for Appointment of Post-Doctoral Fellows
The five most important criteria for appointment to a Post-Doctoral Fellowship associated with a T32 institutional training grant are:
- Match with the overall goals and objectives of the training grant and affiliated Center.
- Match with the T32 and Center-affiliated faculty advisor.
- Scholarly potential for nursing science inquiry that has a high impact.
- Commitment to a research career in a research intensive environment.
- Scholarly productivity during and/or after the research doctoral training.
Candidates for Fellowship will be competitively evaluated based on the above criteria. We value a diverse population of Post-Doctoral Fellows with a strong commitment to nursing science, focused motivation, and an academic record that demonstrates a high level of intellectual achievement and curiosity. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.