Established at the University of Pennsylvania in 1989, the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, also known as CHOPR, is a unique community within the School of Nursing drawing together faculty, students, and pre- and post-doctoral fellows from nursing, sociology, demography, medicine, management, economics, and other related disciplines.
- Gustav O. Lienhard Award, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences recognizing outstanding achievement in improving personal health care services in the United States
- Anvar and Pari Velji Global Health Project of the Year Award 2013, Consortium of Universities for Global Health
- William B. Graham Prize for Health Services Research, Baxter International Foundation and Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- AcademyHealth Distinguished Investigator Award
- Raymond and Beverly Sackler Award for Sustained National Leadership in Health Research, Research!America
- Article-of-the-Year Award for best health services research article, AcademyHealth for “Hospital nurse staffing and patient mortality, nurse burnout, and job dissatisfaction,” Journal of the American Medical Association
- Episteme Laureate, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Inaugural International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame, Sigma Theta Tau International
The Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research partners with the following Penn Research Centers.
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (CCEB) provides an inter-departmental structure linking clinical epidemiologists and biostatisticians at UPHS.
Center for Mental Health Services and Policy Research (CMHPSR) is one of the centers in the Department of Psychiatry of the Health System, School of Medicine.
Center for Outcomes Research (COR), Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is an inter-departmental center whose mission is to improve the healthcare of children through the use of health outcomes research.
Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics (LDI) is internationally recognized for its research in health policy, management, and health services research.
Population Studies Center (PSC) is one of the oldest and most prestigious centers for demographic research in the U.S. PSC is responsible for carrying out a varied program of population and demographic studies.