**We are in the process of planning Spring 2013, Please check back here for any announcements**
Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurses
Designed for advanced practice nurses including clinical nurse specialist, nurse practitioners, and nurse midwives who currently work in a primary care setting and are eligible for prescriptive authority
Approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and State Board of Medicine for Prescriptive Privileges in Pennsylvania, expert faculty will discuss the principles of nursing in the acute and primary care of family members across the lifespan. Proper prescribing, patient education and monitoring procedures for a variety of drug regimens used to treat common acute and chronic diseases are reviewed. Adherence to therapy, drug interactions, drug overuse/abuse, and legal/ethical issues are addressed. The course focuses on appropriate drug regimens for the prevention and treatment of a variety of common acute and chronic diseases. A variety of teaching and evaluation methods will help you to meet the course objectives including, multiple case studies and discussions.
Topics to include:
* Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics: Principles of Drug Actions
* Heart Failure, Hypertension, Ischemic Heart disease, antiarrhymics, Anticoagulation, Hyperlipidemia
* Contraception, Hormone Replacement, Sexual Dysfunction, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, GERD, PUD
* Anxiety, Depression, Diabetes, Thyroid, Asthma & COPD
* Drug Allergies, Drug Dosing in Renal Dysfunction, CYP 450 Metabolism, Special considerations during pregnancy and lactation, and in Pediatiric and Geriatiric populations
* Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Therapy
* Pain Management, Migraine Headaches, RA, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease, Sleep Disorders, Seizure Disorders
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
Claire M. Fagin Hall
1 day $219.00
2 or more days $199 each
Full course (6 days) $999
15 % discount allowed for Penn Nursing Faculty, Students and Alumni; UPHS, CHOP and Philadelphia Veterans Affairs. Only one discount allowable.
ANCC - Nursing Credits:
The University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Center for Professional Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This program is awarded 7.5 contact hour daily or 45.0 contact hours for the full 6 day course.
Janet Tomcavage 215-898-4522 / email@example.com