Biobehavioral Research Center
About the Center
The mission of the Biobehavioral Research Center (BRC) is to advance knowledge about the interaction of biological and behavioral factors in the promotion of health. To accomplish this mission, we collaborate as a community of interdisciplinary scholars involved in scientific inquiry and professional mentoring.
"I am thrilled to have been given the opportunity to lead the Biobehavioral Research Center (BRC). This interdisciplinary group of scholars is doing exceptionally innovative and important research with strong implications for nursing practice. It is an honor to collaborate with them in this role."
- Barbara Riegel, Center Director
- Develop partnerships among communities of scholars to conduct innovative and cutting-edge research;
- Offer opportunities for mentoring in research and professional development;
- Engage in scholarship through critical review of colleagues’ research
- Fund pilot research with strong potential for extramural funding
- Sponsor and co-sponsor workshops, symposia, and other means of exploring cutting-edge topics, engaging thought leaders to augment our discussions on specific topics
- Disseminate research findings to the public via our website and the media