Penn Nursing Alumni Awards
Each year, the Alumni Board Awards Committee strives to recognize outstanding alumni who demonstrate the power of Penn Nursing through their varied contributions to the profession and to the healthcare of citizens of our nation and around the world.
About Our Awards:
The Outstanding Alumni Award recognizes a Penn Nursing graduate, who is a leader with an outstanding career that has advanced the profession of nursing.
The Lillian Sholtis Brunner Alumni Award for Innovation recognizes a Penn graduate for innovation in interprofessional, collaborative practice impacting the nursing profession and/or the health care delivery system.
The Alumni Award for Clinical Excellence recognizes a Penn Nursing graduate who demonstrates in their professional practice clinical expertise and a passion for the practice or nursing.
The Legacy Award recognizes a Penn Nursing graduate for preservation and/ or scholarship in the study of the history of nursing.
The Alumni Spirit Award recognizes a Penn Nursing graduate for outstanding contributions to the achievement of Penn Nursing Alumni goals. These contributions may include fostering loyalty to the school and the university, as well as and advancing social and professional bonds among alumni.
The Alumni Spirit Award for Graduating Students recognizes outstanding contributions to the achievement of Penn Nursing Alumni goals. These contributions may include fostering loyalty to the school and the university and advancing social and professional bonds among classmates and alumni during their student experience.
The Penn Nursing Honorary Alumni Award is given to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the achievement of Penn Nursing Alumni and School of Nursing goals through their personal support of the school and by inspiring loyalty among others. Recipients may be an individual or group.
- Nominations are accepted until December 15th.
- Finalists (and nominators) will be notified by March 1st.
- Awards are presented each May during Alumni Weekend
How to Nominate:
Anyone (coworker, parent or friend) can submit a nomination.
The first step in nominating a Penn Nursing alumna/us is completing our online form, then following these instructions for additional documentation. Please email NursingAlumni@nursing.upenn.edu if you would like a PDF version of the application.
Before nominating someone, be sure to check if he/she already received the award. A complete list can be found here.
In order to provide a more comprehensive and representative nomination packet, additional supporting documents are encouraged in the following categories:
- Articles: Newspaper, journal, magazine or other periodical that provides sample of media coverage and or supports the fulfillment of the criteria.
- Artwork: Published, displayed, printed, video, slides or other multimedia format of art that supports the nomination
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter(s) of Support: A letter endorsing the nomination, highlighting key eligibility
- Publication: Books, periodicals or other printed material
- Summary/Supportive Narrative that speaks to the category nominated.
- Video: A recording of a program or event illustrating the nominees work.
All nursing alumni who are graduates of the HUP School of Nursing, the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, or Nursing Majors from Penn’s Education School are eligible for these awards. Graduating Penn Nursing students (of any degree level) are eligible for the Student Spirit Award.