Skip to main content


All financial aid is awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need.

Your first step in applying for aid, is to submit a FAFSA. This will show your eligibility for federal loans (for both full- and part-time tracks). 

All full-time students may also be eligible to receive an endowed scholarship or Penn Nursing grant. Our Scholarships and Grants page outlines scholarship and loan forgiveness programs, as well as partnerships and external scholarship opportunities. 

We suggest reviewing the resources in the Graduate Student section of the Student Financial Services site as well as looking at our Understanding Your Aid page for answers to common concerns.

Please get in touch with any specific questions you have about your financial situation. We are here to help.

International students

Please be aware that the University of Pennsylvania does not provide funding for international graduate students. Many international students secure funding from their host country. You must be a permanent resident or a US citizen to be eligible to receive federal funding.