Accelerated Direct Entry BSN-MSN Admissions
The Direct Entry BSN-MSN program is for students who are interested in an advanced practice nursing degree and know which MSN specialty they would like to pursue.
The application deadline is October 16th for entry in June 2018, applications will be available in early July 2017. Applicants will be notified of our decision in early February.
A complete application package consists of the following:
- Completed online application: you may only apply to one accelerated program option, BSN Second Degree, BSN-MSN, or BSN-PhD
- Personal statement: you will be given the question once you start the application process
- Two letters of recommendation: one of which must be academic; we urge you to choose recommenders who know you well enough to speak confidently as to your abilities and chances of success in this rigorous program; these must be submitted online, without exception, through the online application
- Official copies of all of your post-secondary transcripts: including transcripts for any classes you might have taken at a community college or while studying abroad (send via mail/email, addresses listed below)
Official GRE scores: please note that if you are taking GREs in October, but before November 1st, we will accept the scores; however, this may delay the processing of your application (submit scores to Institution Code 2926 or 2911).
Please note the GRE is waived for applicants that have completed or will complete a graduate degree.
- Interview: you may be invited to interview with the Program Director of your chosen master’s program; notification of your invitation to interview is forwarded in November.
A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred. Experience in a healthcare field—be it through a volunteer position or work—is also highly regarded.
Application materials not submitted electronically can be sent to:
ATTN: Accelerated Nursing Programs
Office of Enrollment Management
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
Claire M Fagin Hall, Suite M-5
Philadelphia PA 19104-4217
Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a non-native English speaker, you must submit your TOEFL results in addition to all required application materials listed above.
We encourage you to contact Penn’s International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) for information on everything from immigration paperwork to the various resources Penn provides international students.
Applying while still in another bachelor’s program
If you are currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, and want to start one of our accelerated programs, you may go ahead and apply for admission. However, our decision and your ability to matriculate will depend on the successful completion of your bachelor’s degree. Since all prerequisite courses must be completed before you can start the program in June, it is recommended that current students complete their degree by May 31st. Prerequisite courses maybe completed online.
You may also go ahead and apply to the program while you work on your prerequisites; however, they must be completed before you can begin your studies with us.