Learn from the greatest minds in nursing
The School of Nursing is home to leaders in nursing science who learn, teach, and conduct research throughout the world. Our assembly of scholars includes 56 Standing Faculty members, 74 Associated Faculty members, 215 Academic Support Staff, and 630 preceptors. Six of our faculty members have received the Sigma Theta Tau International Episteme Research Award (the "Nobel Prize" of Nursing) – more than any other school of nursing. 100% of Standing Faculty have PhDs and other advanced degrees. Esteemed throughout the world, our outstanding faculty is regularly invited to edit respected journals in their fields, give international keynote speeches, and serve on federal and state policy-setting committees. The faculty at Penn Nursing support, advise, and push students to levels of excellence never imagined. This manner vigilance both in and out of the classroom has helped achieve our ranking as one of the top nursing schools in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report.
Representing Penn Nursing
- 55 Fellows of the American Academy of Nursing
- 8 members of the Institute of Medicine
- 4 Fellows in the Royal College of Nursing
- 2 members of the American College of Nurse Midwives
- 1 member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 1 Fellow of the American Heart Association
- 1 Fellow of the American Dietary Association
- 1 Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine
Last year, the faculty at Penn Nursing contributed 248 publications to influencial journals and similar biomedical literature. Furthermore, 9,249 faculty publications were cited by other authors. On average, a full professor was cited 578 times for their substancial research and advancement of the life sciences.